When I used to live in Edmonton, about 7 years ago, I worked with a guy who was insanely obsessed with DBS. Everyday on the ride home from work, he would play this mixed CD he made of them. I liked them instantly as well. They had their own sound, and still do to be honest. So I bought all their music, and each record at that time was punk as fuck, and just awesome. Unfortunately DBS is a mere shadow of the band they used to be, but that still doesn't take away from how amazing, and genre defining their first couple of records are. If anyone knows Eighteen Visions or Throwdown, then you have probably heard the name Keith Barney. He's kind of a legend in the Orange County hardcore/metal scene. Being a founding member in each of these bands, and back when I first got into DBS, that was a big thing that pushed me into their stuff. But "If Looks Could Kill" (Keith's one and only album with the band) has to be the record that truly defines the true DBS sound. Nobody sings like Efrem. For some thats a good thing haha.


No comments:
Post a Comment