Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Music to the ears.

In the recent months, I had kinda grown bored of the metal I had been listening to, and for one reason, which is OVER-SATURATION to the metal scene of a million bands that all sound exactly the same. That love I had was slowly dying off, and I had found myself listening to tons of other music I wouldn't normally listen too. My thirst for music was looking in other directions, which I'm grateful for. I have found many amazing musicians as of late, which I might not have, if it wasn't for this lull in metal. Don't get me wrong, there a still some amazing bands in the metal genre I am really into as of late: Dead and Divine, After the Burial, Heart of A Coward, and Architects. But they were all still lacking.


Trap Them Live (Picture)

Anyways, a few months back I had downloaded an album by a band called Trap Them (Which features the singer of Backstabbers Inc., who i love), and a band called Early Graves. I found myself getting really excited, cause they both had elements from 3 of my favorite bands, Converge, Tragedy, and Integrity. Just raw, gritty and real. These guys are finally the fresh breath I have been looking for in metal. These are the bands that are rejuvenating the scene of metal that was slowly, but surely dying. When I hear these bands, all I can think about is, is that this IS what metal is all about.

Check these bands out, if you havent already heard them. I posted Mediafire links to my favorite ones. Not all of these bands sound like the ones I was mentioning but they have that same spark to them:
The Carrier http://www.mediafire.com/?egioj3d2fyt
Trap Them http://www.mediafire.com/?ttmwjezulmt
Knives Exchanging Hands http://www.mediafire.com/?p4ntuds22um
Polar Bear Club http://www.mediafire.com/?dicnjmmmmn2
Tragedy http://www.mediafire.com/?ltkjmentjmj
Hospital The Musical http://www.mediafire.com/?3qdcmyjdugk
The Secret http://www.mediafire.com/?86blxgmtxnz
Young Widows http://www.mediafire.com/?emjjdckyml2

And one band that isnt new but not enough people know about is Some Girls, Its the singer from Give Up The Ghost, and Guitarist/Vocalist from The Locust. AMAZING!!!

Polar Bear Club (Picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment